Monday, April 21, 2008

Ron Viejo de Caldas Aged 3 Years - Colombia - A

I was lucky to find this in a random liquor store in a Mexican neighborhood. Seriously, buena suerte. But if you do happen upon it, it’s a fine sipping rum with a great syrupy aroma. Not a high-class rum, but you’ll still want to roll it in the glass and give it some time for the flavors to air out. The brand, born in 1928, is from the Industria Licorera de Caldas, which though it has no para-scandals, is probably, like any other Colombian business, party to investing in death squad murders and harassment of the workforce. But, until we find any evidence, ignorance is bliss.

1 comment:

Nestor Perez said...

Your comment about ANY Colombian business having links to the paramilitaries, or death squads is without a doubt, the most ridiculous assumption I have seen posted on a blog. While I appreciate you promoting a Colombian product, your generalization of business practices in Colombia is absurd and without merit.